Welcome, teletext fanatics! I'll just leave this here...

Monday 15 October 2007

Looks like I've got some competition

Seefacts.co.uk

Found this site whilst trawling the Internet today. Tom's blog is formatted as a teletext page - only a bit more advanced than my homage.

Aesthetic aside, I dunno how he got that teletext-style font to be embedded into the page. I see that he had to use Courier for the heading, as I did with my original microsite design. Doesn't seem like there is much content at the moment so I don't know what his intentions are. Maybe he designed the ttx font especially for the site? I did download it but haven't tested it yet.

Looks like he had some fun designing his own graphics, too, though some of them need a bit more work, maybe. On the whole, it works. Something to take and develop.

Update, 19/10/07:

Emailed Tom asking for some more info on his blog and maybe some sort of sharing of material if, indeed, his blog will be based around teletext.

0 comments: