Welcome, teletext fanatics! I'll just leave this here...

Sunday 20 January 2008

BBC interactive streaming/digital layouts

Every now and again, the BBC don't have enough channels to screen an event such as the snooker or football highlights. These are instead accessible via the 'red button', or through the BBCi interactive service:



Note that the familiar colour coded fastext keys have been kept for this new version of teletext. Essentially there isn't all that much content so it isn't really a true teletext service - only details on what's currently being streamed and what's coming up on the stream.

I hope that, by looking at some of these existing 'new' digital teletext layouts I can get inspiration for my website layout. Perhaps I can meld together elements of these different teletext services to create a new, web-friendly version. I kind of like the graphics on the BBC football:


0 comments: