- Colour palette, increase from 8 to 16, 24, or even higher.
- Change in character set. This might include:
- Addition of extended Unicode symbols such as @, (, | etc.
- Addition of new symbols for the teletext format
- Addition of emoticons.
- (Basically a whole new character set.)
- Option to redefine the font. Eg. Courier, Fixedsys
Wednesday, 28 November 2007
If teletext had, or should it, live on after the switchoff, in order to fit in with the plethora of new technologies available on the Internet and elsewhere it would need to develop. It would be interesting to see how far I could take this whilst remaining faithful to the 80 x 69 pixel canvas. This could mean changes to: